Expert Marine Environmental Services for the Australian Resources Sector
Blue Planet Marine (BPM) is a leading supplier of Marine Mammal Observer, Marine Fauna Observer and Passive Acoustic Monitoring services to marine seismic, dredging, pile driving and construction operations in Australasia. We are committed to assisting our clients fulfil their environmental, social and regulatory requirements.
Our services include:
- Marine Mammal Observers (MMOs)
- Marine Fauna Observers (MFOs)
- Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) Operators and Systems
- Survey Environmental Advisors
- Environmental Compliance Assessments
- Impact Mitigation Advice
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
BPM has a proven track record with a strong, core team of experienced MMOs, MFOs and PAM operators who have logged more than 10,000 operational days in Australian and New Zealand waters. We provide government, industry and NGOs with independent, high quality and informed services.
Our team is highly skilled in Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM). We supply robust PAM systems, including at least 100% backup of all equipment. Our PAM systems are tailored for each project to ensure they are sensitive to the vocalising frequencies of cetaceans likely to be encountered and meet required specifications.
BPM’S MMOs, MFOs and PAM Operators are trained, experienced and qualified professionals. We endeavour to select people with experience working in local waters and tailor our teams for each project. Our clients trust us and know they have the right knowledge, experience and systems in place to produce the best results.
HIGH QUALITY SERVICE
As well as our quality personnel, we deliver a premium and comprehensive service that doesn’t break the bank. This includes the use of: a real-time cetacean positioning and tracking system in conjunction with acoustics; high quality equipment and systems proven in the field; comprehensive reporting to meet client and government requirements; inhouse scientific expertise and knowledge; extensive and regular client liaison; and infield support for our personnel.
We provide our clients with premier marine environmental services. We do this by:
- Investing in and supporting our team
- Working closely with and listening to our clients
- Using and investing in technology and quality equipment
- Delivering to project scope on time and on budget
- Superior reporting and QA
- Participating in research and publishing scientific papers
- Incorporating constant improvement into our work and systems
QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
All of BPM’s work is subject to our QSE system, which is modelled on ISO 9001, AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 14001.